Friday, November 14, 2008
The award for the worst mom ever goes to...
ME! Tonight Scott went with his brothers to see the new James Bond. (I had NO interest) I think it's healthy for the parents to get away when they can, even if it's not together. I was happy for him to go. However, in the time that he was gone, I realized what a horrible mother I am. Tomorrow is my mom's birthday...and I thought it would be fun to finger paint with pudding while Scott was gone, but I didn't have any chocolate pudding. And I didn't feel like hauling 3 kids to the store for one box of pudding. So, we decided to just color a picture. As I was going to get the crayons, I came across water color paints. And it dawned on me that Ethan, who is closer to 5 than 4 has never painted a picture with water colors. Ever. He has been really interested in painting lately because Aiden did a finger painting at his sensory group this week and I have it hanging up in the kitchen. I think Ethan feels deprived. It gets worse...as we were painting, Ethan said, "Mom, if you mix blue and red together, it makes purple." Yes, it does, but had I been a good mom and painted with you before now, I wouldn't feel so horrible that you are just figuring that out. I was always one of those that had the list of things I will always do and things I won't ever let my kids do kind of people. Maybe I just need to get back to my list in my head and start over! Sorry for depriving you of a good time boys! I promise not to do it again! Here's to a new mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are not the worst mom ever...I am totally the same way! My kids only have those opportunities when Logan is around. I am way too paranoid about the mess. Sometimes it is hard to just let go and realize that kids need to be kids (messes and paint and cooking and all...)!
And I am impressed that Ethan caught on to color mixing all by himself. Sophie tends to mix all the colors together and ends up with a nice black/brown picture!
if that's the worst thing you ever done, I think you'll still make it to heaven! haha
Oh Isaac never painted until he went to preschool.
Post a Comment